Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blood Money

It has been a week from hell. I managed to wangle my way into another au pairing job. Not a bad idea when your broke and love kids. This job just happened to be for family so take a couple of zero’s off that pay cheque idea you had in your head.

It started out like any old job where all I had to do was look after my 5year old cousin, Daniel, after school for 8days. Then the real list started to appear once I began the job. For starters he wasn’t at school this whole week because its freaking school holidays, then I have to feed his ten fish, two birds, two dogs, pick up dog poo, look after his granny (wtf), feed them both three times a day, bath him, clean up after them, clean the house, answer all of his 5million questions an hour and to top it all off run my uncles wife’s dog food business for her – FML!!

Needless to say the amount of money this job is paying is far too little and after this week of not being able to get a single stitch of Uni work done I can honestly say I will not be looking after Daniel EVER again no matter what the situation is!!
I love kids but I do not enjoy being used by anyone.

To all the single parents out there…I salute you big time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment