Sunday, May 8, 2011

Now and Then...

My best friend, Verity, who I have known for around 20 years, has been in South Africa for the past 3 weeks. She arrived from London, where she has been living for the last 2 years, in order to be here for her younger sisters 21st.

The four of us at dinner on Wednesday

I did not get to spend a lot of time with her as even though three weeks is a fair amount of time she was super busy seeing so many different people. We decided before she left we needed to have a dinner for her.

A night on the town a few years back.

There are four of us that lived in Edgemead and travelled each day to Rondebosch for High school every day. Our four families all came together on Wednesday night at Vee’s house. We all sat around chatting for hours on end just catching up on lost time.

At Chelsea's 21st.

Dinner was served and wow, what a spread...Roast chicken and Lamb, Roasted Mediterranean vegetables, baked potatoes, mushroom sauce, pannini bread as well as a massive gorgeous green salad. Everything was so yummy.
My 21st. Vee giving my speech.

Then after a little breather between courses it was time for dessert which was just as delicious, Crème Brule and ice cream. Coffee followed and eventually we realised the time and thought it was best to leave before we out stayed our welcome.
The age they were when I first met them. Verity age 4 and Kate age 2.
It was such a special night and now that Vee is back in London I realise how much I miss having her live just down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment