Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wedding Cake in the Middle of the Road

I have finally been given the honour of being a bride’s maid to a close friend and my cousin’s fiancé, Jacky. I am so excited about the wedding and am extremely proud to have been given such a special part.


One problem when I was told by Jacky that she wanted me to be her bride’s maid, her best friend, Anene, was going to be her maid of honour. This meant that there would be less pressure on me for my first bride’s maid job. Then a few days ago Jacky mentioned she wasn’t speaking to Anene for personal reason and she wasn’t sure if she would attend the wedding. At this point the only words going through my mind were “DOES THIS MEAN THAT I WILL BE THE NEW MAID OF HONOUR???” I haven’t had the guts to ask her yet and am freaking out at the thought. I know this is a huge honour but it all seems a bit much for my first gig lol.


There is one thing that makes me feel confident, if I do turn out to be maid of honour and that is that I have a fantastic family and they will help me with every small detail to make sure Jacky’s fairly tale wedding is everything she has ever dreamed about.   


No comments:

Post a Comment