Sunday, April 17, 2011

The sound of one hand clapping

To carry on with the tradition of my blog this topic brought one thing to mind...discipline. No matter how young or old your baby is they need discipline. From the word go you need to enforce rules and regulations for babies. You do not need to feel bad about doing this as they actually thrive off order and a strict routine. I may not be a real mother but I have learnt this first hand.  

Now there are degrees of discipline, if your little one merely tries to grab something like a set of car keys, a firm NO will suffice, but if they try to snatch a knife or touch some electrical appliance this is when “the sound of one hand clapping” needs to come into play. A child needs to associate pain with those things that can actually cause them serious pain if not kill them (bit harsh but very true) therefore by giving the baby a hiding that actually makes them hurt will help them to realise this is not something they want to play with in future.


In future do not feel guilty about giving your little one a small smack no matter how young they are, because it could save their life. Oh and just to make sure I am being clear this does not give the authority to beat your child; a small smack and a beating are two completely different things. So take care of your little ones and enjoy every minute you spend with them.

2 comments:

  1. nice, i love the way you went about writting your blog... but do you really think smacking the child would bring order or make him or her more stabbon and restless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurence I have "raised" many children in my short life time and trust me I know what im doing. My methods work and they work well :)

    ReplyDelete