Monday, April 4, 2011

I am young and I am free...


1 day old baby Amy

Today we were given the task of creating a blog post that describes who you are and the first word that popped into my head was "mother". No, I am not a mother, well not in the real sense of the word; I do au pair and babysit from time to time but I haven’t actually given birth. This is not a cry to all the single men out there!! It’s just an expression of who I am and what I want to be in life.

Grayson only 2hours old :)

In many ways I am already a mom. I tend to look after everyone around me. I enjoy cooking for people and looking after them wherever I can. The feminists of this world will definitely hate me but they shouldn’t because I am who I am and I am free to be me.

Amy and me














Kate and me

Ever since I was two bricks and a ticky high I’ve been picking up little ones and not the play play ones but the real deal. I have NEVER had a fear of picking up babies. I got nervous once and once only and that was when a baby started to cry and I was not sure why or what was wrong. The mother proceeded to tell me, “babies cry that’s what they do so don’t even worry about it” and from then on I didn’t. I am confident in my knowledge of babies and feel I will make a great mom one day but for now I am young and I am free.

Baby Amy at her grannies house


 To end off, I would like to leave you with a quote by one of the best men in the world, Mr Winnie the Pooh aka A.A. Milne:

Too gorgeous!!

 
 "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." — A.A. Milne





4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Victoria! You've totally got this blogging thing down.

    No critique from me, you're already on the way, now just keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well for the first time your first 3 paragraphs were on topic. Loved it. Made me smile and it is so you. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a natural darling. You are a free spirit at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where you get all those babies from?

    ReplyDelete