Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life styles of the rich and the famous…




I’ve never been one for attention. Driving in the latest Aston Martin DB9 (my favourite car) would not be about the attention it would bring me but rather about the experience. Hence when I arrived at the Cape Grace on Sunday to take a little Yacht cruise around the bay I was not keen on the idea of the groups of people hanging around the Waterfront staring out at me as we drifted by on the Aqua Princess.

Aqua Princess
Once we finally exited the waterfront and headed for the open seas I finally managed to start enjoying myself and realise the beauty of the yacht and she was definitely a beauty.

Steele, Me (Victoria) and Rose onboard

Our first destination was Robben Island on which the Captain of our yacht had a great deal of information. Once we had our history lesson it was time to have some fun so we headed of to Clifton. We arrived fairly early and were one of the first yachts in the bay. We set anchor and the deckhand started the braai and popped a bottle of the finest champagne. My mom and Steele, my other “brother”, decided it would be a great idea to jump in but were out almost as quickly which of course helped me to make up my mind about swimming.

Clifton Beach
After lunch, Sadie and I decided to go up to the top of the boat to catch a couple of rays and have an afternoon nap. Waking up I felt like I was in a dream; I was on a yacht with awesome friends, family, champagne and incredible scenery at every angle but alas it was time to head back to reality. We sailed to the Cape Grace harbour and of course arrived safe and sound because of our fantastic Captain and deckhand. We said our goodbyes and thank you’s and left very happy, tanned and full with all sorts of yummy things.

Sadie and me on the front of the boat

No comments:

Post a Comment