Friday, February 25, 2011

Motherhood

My obsession, my passion, my everything in life is looking after babies. I love everything about the little ones. I love the way they smell, I love the way they laugh, I love the way they make baby noises, I love the way everything they look at  fascinates them, I just love them full stop.


I know this may sound like just another lame maternal rant and maybe it is but I’ve wanted to be a mother since before I can remember well at least before I was even able or allowed to pick a baby up. I’m not planning on having one any time soon and am therefore eternally grateful to all my cousins who keep producing these little bundles of joy.  



Although I have in some ways managed to raise a few little ones over the years by being an au pair; my most memorable experience took place in America. I lived in San Francisco for over a year raising the most amazing baby I have ever met, her name was Kathryn Dawson Hoe but she was most well known as Dawson, Doodles, Little D, Diesel and the list goes on.


She was incredible and unbelievably beautiful. Her mother was Caucasian, American and her father was Asian Australian; otherwise known to me as the AAA Asian, American, Australian. Dawson and I did everything together, we shopped, we went to her classes, we did sight seeing, we had play dates etc. There was never a dull moment in our time together. Though my favourite moments with her; were teaching her how to walk and talk. The best part for me was that she had my accent and not an American one.




Needless to say when my stay was over leaving little D was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I still think about her to this day.


1 comment:

  1. I believe that you will be a truly amazing mommy one day! Promise me our kids are going hang out together?!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete