Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I am not afraid of tomorrow,...




“I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I LOVE today” - William Allen White

I am always inspired by quotes and therefore, decided, it would be best for me to start my blogging career with one that suited the chosen topic: "I am".

I have never been one to fear what is ahead of me. At times I do feel slightly ill at ease when I think of things to come. What will I do once I have finished my degree, where will I go and who will go with me but let’s be realistic...no-one really knows 100% where they are going to end up so WHY should I let my rollercoaster ride scare me. Instead, I think I'll sit back and enjoy the journey.

Mmm… but letting things slide and not taking some form of control may not be such a good idea. So, I need to find a crossroad along this bumpy journey; the ying and yang of my life. How does one achieve the balance?
Is there a school for such things? No, I don’t believe there is but by educating myself in things that interest me and moving forward along this path, I believe, I will eventually find a career more or less suited to me.

If not, if my first job is a complete disaster and makes me feel like I have totally failed in my chosen career, I will lift my head, jump back on the education rollercoaster and start again because I am young and I am free to choose who I am and what I will be…

2 comments:

  1. And having seen yesterday and loving today... you know you can be who ever, what ever, you want to be. (too many commas?) List your dreams and make sure they come true. Only you can give up on them... Go Vicky

    ReplyDelete