Sunday, April 3, 2011

How do you step from the top of a 100-foot pole?

How do you step from the top of a 100-foot pole? My answer is, you don’t! In life you should always start from the bottom of the pole/ladder and make your way up.

We see it everyday, these young rich kids who get seriously spoilt and when their parents eventually decide to cut the umbilical cord, BAM they fall. It’s nothing new, why would they do anything else? They don’t know how to look after themselves and without mommy and daddy’s money they are helpless. In a way I actually feel sorry for them because if they knew any better they’d have asked to be taken off the pound seats a lot earlier in life.

That lifestyle is not one I plan on living. I have never been spoilt and believe it is the main reason why I am where I am today. I may not be at the top of the ladder but small steps such as buying my own car and paying to get it fixed up, take me a little further each day.

My parents have taught me the value of money as well as the benefits of saving and for that reason I am eternally grateful to them. I will always really on me and not anyone else in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment