Sunday, July 31, 2011

Growing up

I am about to hit my quarter life crisis (25years old) and sometimes I feel like I have nothing to show for it; although I am proud to say I will have a degree in hand. A few of my friends already have degrees and at least one or two years of experience but I would like to imagine my worldly experience gives me some kind of a leg up in the working world.


It hasn’t been easy being 21,22,23 and now 24 years old staying at my parents’ house and pretty much really on them for money. I am independent by nature and this has been a serious spirit killer but what could I do…being a student doesn’t really allow one to get the best job so you are able to afford rent, food, electricity etc. What I have managed to do so far, is buy my own car which makes me very proud. I bought it four years ago and it is still in great condition. Today I bought myself the second most expensive item I have bought in my lifetime and that is a new laptop which I am currently writing this post on. I feel very proud of the fact that these two items were bought and paid for by yours truly and can’t wait to eventually be able to take both to my own home.

Growing up is a part of life. Not all of us do things at the same pace but for me the philosophy I have always lived by is, “It is easier to climb the ladder from the bottom and make the effort to get to the top, than start at the top and fall down.” So here’s to climbing the ladder and reaching the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment