Tuesday, July 19, 2011

June/July holidays...end of an era

I have just come to terms with the fact that my 6 week Uni vac is officially over but by over I mean I will never have another 6 week mid term Uni vac. I have now entered my final hurdle of being a full time student...the last 5months of my Btech are here and the work is about to start – I would say its an appropriate time to say FML!!! And for those of you who don’t know what that means stick it into the Google machine because I won’t be explaining it.
I decided I would end my vac with a ‘bang’ so I, and around 15 of my closest friends, headed up to Hermanus for a weekend of ‘fun in the sun’.
Arriving on the Friday night we got stuck right into the party mode and well...you know it’s a good braai when you only eat at around 12:30am. Saturday morning we all were up and about at around 10am. We decided the best way to nurse our hangovers from the night before was to head off to the local market for a healthier version of unhealthy hangover food.
Once that mission was complete we decided we were about ready to get back onto the ‘band wagon’ and headed off to a local wine tasting at La Vierge. WOW what a place it was set in the hills of Hermanus with the most stunning views and the wine well that was another story, besides being a little pricey, it was some of the best I have ever tried – a definite must visit!
We eventually decided it was time to leave and start the night’s activities of braaing and chilling on the farm. It was an awesome night with incredible friends and when Sunday showed its ugly head I wasn’t too pleased but hey at least I am lucky enough to have these opportunities in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment