Sunday, August 21, 2011

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

I attended my first ever MMA fight on Friday night. This is not something I would normally choose to do but as one of my very good friends, John had decided to enter his first fight, I had to be there to support him.

I was terrified at first and on entering the venue I went directly to the bar and got myself a drink. I got standing tickets and found a spot with a couple of my friends. We watched the first few fights and I realised it wasn’t as terrible as I expected it to be; well there wasn’t any blood.
There were a couple of hectic fights but on the whole it didn’t seem to get too rough. Then it was John’s fight…my entire body froze as the music came on and I watched him come out. He looked confident and actually kind of happy in a weird way, he entered the ring and then his opponent came out. This guy was seriously big but slightly overweight which eased my nerves a bit.
The fight began and this guy jumped right in swinging a right punch almost immediately. John was quick and managed to dodge the punch and send his own one in the direction of the guy and he CONNECTED with him. Well the fight went on for a little while and John was doing well…so well that in fact his opponent tapped out after the first round and John won!!!
I was so happy for him and proud of him. My only worry is now that he has one he will want to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment