Monday, March 21, 2011

Taking a look at the bigger picture…

This past Friday, March 18, 2011, I attended a double birthday bash. It was a joint part for friends of mine, Lindy and Jay. The party was held on a farm in Tokai on an estate called Silversteen Estate. It was such an amazing venue and we had the most incredible evening with our own private outdoor party.

I was having an awesome time but eventually I decided I needed to get some sleep as I had decided to attend K-Day the next afternoon. Off I went to my friend’s car as we had arrived too late to pitch our tent. I fell asleep pretty easily with the help of some powerful liquids and lack of sleep from the weeks work load.

The next morning I woke up fairly early and scrabbled to get my bag to check the time on my phone to see what ridiculous hour I had managed to awaken. Needless to say when I open my bag the entire contents had been emptied out. This included my brand new blackberry (which is on a two year contract that still has to be pair even though I don’t have a phone anymore), my camera I bought in the states, My wallet (with my Standard bank card, student card, Woolies gift card-R150, drivers license and R250 cash) as well as my spare set of car keys. I was horrified and so shocked I at first thought my friends were playing a joke on me but when reality set in this was no joke.

After a huge freak out session and my mom coming to collect me and running through a thousand emotions my mom eventually put me in my place by saying; “you do realise that you were in the car when they stole everything and the fact that you are harmed in no way is the biggest miracle of all so stop complaining and look at the bright side of the situation.”

This really helped to put me in check and see the bigger picture and I’m extremely grateful to be alive and uninjured.

No comments:

Post a Comment