Saturday, March 12, 2011

I left my heart in San Francisco


The heading for this blog could not be more true, fours years down the line and I’m still dreaming about good old San Francisco. What a place.


Anyone who knows me can vouch for how I go on about this city. It is one of the most amazing places I have ever visited in my life. I lived there for just over year in 2006 and I will never forget my time spent there. I was lucky enough to have au paired the most beautiful little girl, Dawson, whilst I was there but you can read about her in my previous blogs.


San Fran or ‘The City’ as it’s referred to by locals, is actually a lot like Cape Town. It has the same sort or climate and laid back atmosphere about it. The day and nightlife are both extraordinary. During the day you can visit China Town, Alcatraz, The Golden Gate Park, The GG Bridge, Marin County, Haight Ashbury, the different outlet malls (factory shops) and let’s not forget about the many festivals that take place in the city. At night there are plenty of awesome clubs, Irish pubs and comedy shows to attend and of course baseball and football matches in season. 






The people are super friendly and are extremely intelligent contrary to popular belief when it comes to Americans. Another plus is where the city is based, you have wine country (Nevada), skiing (Lake Tahoe) and gambling (Las Vegas) and awesome sight seeing such as The Grand Canyon, Yosemite Nature Reserve and Death Valley all at a stones through from your door step.






 
I could go on for pages about this fabulous city but I think the best option is to tell you guys that this should definitely go on your ‘to do lists’ before you die so get of your lazy butts and start making some moola cause a gem like this doesn’t come cheap.


"It's an odd thing, but anyone who disappears is said to be seen in San Francisco. It must be a delightful city and possess all the attractions of the next world" - Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment