Sunday, November 6, 2011

Elephants Eye


Last week Sunday I decided it was a good idea to go on a little hike. Summer is on its way and no one wants to be the fatty on the beach.  Junk and winter foods are definitely on their way out (with much resistance from my belly and persistence from my head) and hiking, walks and all other forms of exercising are in.

Anyway, so I contacted my cousin and he asked another friend to join us, Daniel and off we went. It was a fairly slow climb, with my cousin running circles around me (him being the fit one) and me stopping every so often stopping for a long drink of water.

When we were ¾’s of the way up we found a mini waterfall and as it was fairly hot we all put our heads under and filled our water bottles. I did regret the idea to wet my hair about 15 minutes later as the weather turned almost immediately and I was then wet and cold. We eventually reach the eye and decided to sit and rest for 30 minutes and look at the views.

The boys kept saying we should run down for fun and because the clouds were starting to roll in. I thought this was a silly idea and couldn’t understand why they would want to do it. Of course being competitive I joined in on the running down and it turns out I don’t hate running I love it but only running down a mountain.

I did learn one thing though, after being seriously stiff for around 3days afterwards, stretching before and after is essential if you need to walk for the next 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment