Monday, September 26, 2011

My favourite “Cat in the Hat” book

This is a topic I have been dreading as I didn’t know what I could write about because I have NEVER read a “Cat in the Hat” book; Ok, I skimmed through “Green Eggs and Ham” once but I just never got into the style of the book.

The images never appealed to me at all and I found the wording…boring. This of course is my own opinion and I do know many people who loved the books as children and some still do. I also understood that each book had a unique message but this still didn’t make the books anymore appealing to me.
NOW, a book that does stick out in my mind from my childhood is, “Me Too. “Me Too” was a book about a brother and his little sister. It shows how the little sister wants to do everything her bother does and each time he does or gets something she squeals, “Me Too”.
She doesn’t get anything and seems to be very sad until the end of the book where her big brother has a big lolly pop and she says “Me Too” and her big brother turns around and says “You Too”.
The reason why this book appeals to me is because I gave an older brother and I always felt like that little sister mouse always saying, “Me Too”.

No comments:

Post a Comment