Saturday, June 11, 2011

Planking

This is the latest social media craze that has gone seriously viral. I mean the dedication to the cause has even caused one young Australian guy to fall to his death.

So what is planking?? Well if you haven’t heard of it yet, then you are definitely not a tech geek like some of us…Basically it is an activity where one lies face down, hands at your side and toes pointed; in order to look like a plank. Then the fun comes in when you select a specific, unusual, spot to ‘plank’ on.  Once in this position a photo needs to be snapped and then uploaded onto the internet and the ‘plank’ needs to be given a name. The main idea is to try and find the most unusual places to ’plank’.

The game is claimed to have been invented years ago (1997), by Gary Clarkson and Christian Langdon in England. From there it just went wild but well “undercover” wild until the Australians coined the game with the term “planking” in 2011 and this is when people really started to hear about it and get involved.

Anyway of course once I heard about this ‘game’ I had to try it out for myself. Standing in my lecturer’s office, I grabbed to WHEELIE chairs and began my attempt at planking. Well I must inform you that this is definitely and awesome workout especially with wheelie chairs as they are hard to keep still and your abs just get sucker punched. So ladies want an awesome six pack??? Start planking today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment